Description – The Really Big Table is a long table that functions as a gathering space and activates streetscapes. Through its modular construction, it can be easily transported throughout the urban landscape by bicycle. We think of our table as an accordion book that holds, tells, and creates stories through the use of technology and participation.
- Gather people around a table
- Host an array of events with the public
- Encourage the sharing of knowledge, collecting of stories, and development of connections
- Activate underutilized spaces such as alleys, parking lots, and sidewalks
- Offer the table as a malleable platform for existing community gatherings (e.g. board meetings, potlucks, or block parties)
- Expand awareness of sustainable economy through the use of bicycle transportation and local food